Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Monster Card!

I'm trying to make at least one card with each of the Operation Write Home sketches. Because I just started doing this last year that means I have to get through all of the old sketches and keep up with the new ones. 

This card is based on the latest OWH sketch, #249. I was glad to see this sketch because the latest challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs is "No Coloring." I have a monster truck stamp from ODBD that doesn't need coloring, but I was really struggling to come up with a card design. Sketch #249 looked perfect, and its nice to use a ODBD stamp because they are one of the stamp companies that supports OWH. 

Operation Write Home Sketch #249

I like this card, but if I made another I think I would use colored cardstock or ever paper with a subtle pattern on it. This one has a little too much white for my taste. 

The current challenge at Simon Says Stamp is "Anything Goes." Well, this card qualifies, so I'm entering it. 

Stamp: Our Daily Bread Designs, Special Boy
Ink: Versafine Sepia
Embroidery floss: From stash
Paper: DCWV Animal Print Stack
Punch: Stampin' Up Bitty Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment