Friday, February 27, 2015

Sweet Flowers for Mother

So when you make cards for Operation Write Home, you're always thinking a couple of holidays ahead. That's because OWH needs to get them to overseas military early enough so that they can write in them and send them back to the U.S. 

That's probably why when I saw the most recent My Favorite Things Color Challenge my thoughts turned to Mother's Day. I played it safe by just stamping the word "Mother" on this card. This way it could also be used for a mother's birthday, or even just to let her know you're thinking of her. 

The colors over at MFT Color Challenge #16 happened to match some paper from my stash. This piece of paper sat around for nearly a year and I had no idea what to do with it. Thanks MFT for motivating me to finally use it! The solid purple is on the one side and the flowers are on the other. I should have enough left to make at least a few more cards. 


Early Mother's Day Card



The Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is "No Rules," and their Wednesday challenge is "Anything Goes." Aren't those the same thing? In any case. I'm entering this card in both.

Paper: My Minds Eye Penny Lane
Stamp: My Favorite Things Vintage Cameo
Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede
Ribbon: American Crafts
Bling: Cloud 9 Raindrops

No comments:

Post a Comment