Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Love CASE

This week the challenge at the Monday Challenge Blog at Simon Says Stamp was to use red and/or pink. That was what got me to finally take a shot at CASE'ing this card that I had pinned on Pinterest. 

I often copy other people's card designs. This usually involves choosing a similar layout and color scheme or a similar choice in paper patterns. I replicated this card so closely that its kind of embarrassing. I wouldn't even post it if it weren't for the SSS challenge. 

I did change a couple things up. I used a different border sticker at the seam. I used a different take and put it and the string in the upper left instead of the lower right. I used a different sticker on the right. 



So, what do you this? Is CASE'ing like this bad etiquette? I'm not selling this card for profit. I'll either use it myself or donate it to Operation Write Home. Does that make a difference?
I've only been making cards for 2 years so I really am curious about the "rules" when you CASE a card. Please LMK.

Paper: Basic Grey Kissing Booth
Embellishments: Basic Grey Kissing Booth (border sticker, flower sticker, and acetate heart)
Tag: Cut with Silhouette
Stamp: JilliBean Soup
Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo
Banner Punch: EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment