Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Home is Where My Heart is

The latest challenge from the Mod Squad challenge was really interesting. We were asked to stamp the same image three times, cut them out and then layer them. My first attempt was an epic fail involving watercolor and a flower stamp. It will not be pictured here. 

Sometimes we just need to work with our limitations. I took an easier route and chose a stamp with straight lines. Instead of coloring each layer, I stamped on different colored papers. For color inspiration I used the colors from the latest Your Next Stamp challenge. 

I embossed the bottom layer of paper with a bricks design that would go along with the idea of a house. For the sentiment I used "Home is Where My Heart is." A perfect sentiment for a card going to Operation Write Home. 

Operation Write Home #47


I am also entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which for this week is "Add a Little Texture. "

Sketch: Operation Write Home #47
Image Stamp: Club Scrap
Sentiment Stamp: My Favorite Things Homespun Birdhouse
Ink: Hero Arts Black
Embossing Folder: Darice Bricks

No comments:

Post a Comment