Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sitting Here Thinking of You

I made this card specifically for the Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp. This week the challenge was to use red and/or pink. The Monday Challenge Team tends toward a style that is more on the artsy/shabby chic/mixed media end of things. Although I'm drawn to this style and love the look, its new to me and surprisingly difficult. I find myself lining everything up in straight lines, making sure all my borders are even and everything is symmetrical. Before I know it, my "artsy" cards start looking clean and simple!

So, this is the first card in the "distressed" style that I am happy with.

Because I'm still working my way through all the Operation Write Home sketches. I used sketch #155 for this card.

Operation Write Home Sketch #155

Embossing folder: GooseBumpz Lattice 
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps A Touch of Elegant Furniture
Ink: Brilliance Orchid (chair) Chalk Ink Toffee (sentiment and edges of paper)
Flower Punch: Stampin' Up


No comments:

Post a Comment