For this card I started with watercolor paper that I taped to the Ranger Inkssentials Craft Sheet. The tape prevents the paper from curling and the craft sheet is useful for easy cleanup.
I used a few colors of highly pigmented watercolor paint to cover the surface of the paper in patches of color. After drying the paint with a heat gun I covered the paper with black India ink. Then I wiped off enough of the black ink to allow some of the watercolor to show through. After another quick blast with the heat gun made the black ink dry enough to add the next layer. This layer is where most people like to add some glimmer. So I added a wash of Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst in Tibetan Poppy Teal. The final step is to add "stars." For this I dipped a small paint brush in a pot of Tsukineko ink in Moonlight White and flicked it over the paper.
When all of this was dry, I stamped a fairy image in Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder.
I am posting this card over at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog where the challenge is to use the theme Fantasy.