Thursday, August 10, 2017

A Mason Jar of Flowers Card

I made this "thinking of you" card using the latest sketch challenge from Newton's Nook. 


The stamps are from a set from Newton's Nook called Versatile Vases.  I stamped the mason jar in versamark and then embossed using a light blue embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang. Then I colored in a little light blue with watercolor pencil and swiped over it with a water brush. The flowers are a separate stamp from the same set and stamped with Stampin Up Wild Wasabi. The flowers are also colored with watercolor pencils and water brush. To make the jar look more like it had water in it I went over it with a Sakura glaze pen. That worked, but left some uneven surface so I went over it again with Glossy Accents. 



The papers are from several places based on what worked with the colors I used for the flowers. I used a corner punch to round one top corner and one bottom corner on both the stamped panel and the base. Finally, the sentiment needed more attention, so I added a little bling on each side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment