Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Vase Thank You

This card uses the Versatile Vases stamp set from Newton's Nook. I stamped it on watercolor paper using Ranger Archival Black. Then I colored in the flowers, leaf and water using Mondeluz Aquarelles and went over them with a waterbrush to spread the color. On the Newton's Nook website I saw that someone had used Glossy Accents to color in the jar and make it look like glass. I tried that idea with limited success. This might be a technique that takes a few tries to get it right. Next time I might try using a Sakura Glaze pen instead to see if the effect is better. 






Supplies: 
Paper: My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup Girl
Stamps: Newton's Nook Versatile Vases
Ink: Ranger Archival Black
Sentiment Stamp: Stampin Up Banner Greetings
Ink: Hero Arts Soft Rose
Washi Tape: Stampin Up 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges: 
Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge - Use Watercolor
Viva La Verve Sketch 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Pastels
30-Day Coloring Challenge over at the Daily Marker. #thedailymarker30day

No comments:

Post a Comment