Monday, March 2, 2015

Friendly Birds

I made this card using one of my favorite sentiment stamps. Whenever I have paper with birds on it this stamp comes out. The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for March is "Birds of a Feather." That's great because birds are one of my favorite themes. 

I was not completely happy with the card I made earlier with a Viva la Verve sketch. So, I'm giving the first - February sketch from Viva la Verve another try.

I layed the card out before gluing it down. This card needed something extra so I sanded the edges of the white core cardstock used for the mat layer and for the scalloped layer under the sentiment.  Then I used foam tape to pop up the scalloped sentiment frame so that there would be room for the embroidery floss behind it.




Viva La Verve February Sketch 1


Sketch: Viva la Verve
Paper: Crate Paper On Trend
Stamp: Close to My Heart
Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede
Embordery Floss: From stash
Scalloped frame: Cut with Silhouette

No comments:

Post a Comment