Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Scrappy Card for Mom

The deadline for getting Mother's Day cards to Operation Write Home is March 31, so it is prime time to make cards for mom. Sentiments like the one I used on this card are great because they don't say "Mother's Day," and can be used at other times of the year. 

The Mod Sqad Challenge this week is make a background. That's great! It allowed me to use one of my favorite techniques for using up scraps. 

The card base looks black in this picture, but it is actually navy blue to match the mat layer under the sentiment. I rounded off two corners on the card base and the matching two corners on the sentiment.


The Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp is "Special Lady/Girly," so I'm entering this card in that challenge as well. 

Sentiment: Hero Arts Happy Mom's Day
Ink: Momento Navy Blue
Embossing folder: Elizabeth Craft Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment