Thursday, March 26, 2015

Floating Feathers

I've been watching the "Thinking Inking" serieis from Jennifer McGuire on YouTube. She goes over many differnent ways to use inks, embossing powder, stamps, Perfect Pearls, Liquid Pearls and more. I used two of the distress ink techniques on this card.

First, I rubbed Colorbox Chalk Ink in three different colors on white cardstock. Then I used clear embossing ink to stamp a feather from Club Scrap in a few random spots and heat embossed with clear embossing powder so that some of the chalk ink would show through. The coverage from the chalk ink was really spotty, so I put a layer of distress ink in Broken China over the top, then wiped the feathers clean.

For the sentiment panel I used Broken China to stamp the same feather and "I thought of you today..."  The rest of the sentiment "and smiled" is inside the card. (The sentiment is from There She Goes Stamps).



This was a fun departure from my usual techniques and I'm entering it into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- Use one stamp two or more ways
Mixed Media Monthly -- Birds of a Feather -- the theme made me think of this feather stamp
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -- Anything Goes






No comments:

Post a Comment