Thursday, March 26, 2015

Butterfly Thanks!

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week is to use the same stamp at least two different ways on the same project. Most of my cards have relied on beautiful designer paper and I just stamp an image or sentiment to match. This challenge is really making me branch out beyond that. 

For this card I used two flower stamps and one butterfly stamp that came together in a set from Inkadinkadoo. I used three colors of chalk ink that came together in a set called "Misty Meadow," to stamp the three images all over a piece of white cardstock. 

Then I used Broken China distress ink to stamp the butterfly and embossed it with Stampendous Tanzanite Pearl. Embossing over distress ink is a cool technique. The ink doesn't hold the embossing powder very well, so some of the ink shows through in places where the powder didn't hold. 


I layered two layers of ribbon in coordinating colors. The sentiment is from the same Inkadinkadoo set. 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges: 

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- Use one stamp two or more ways
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -- Anything Goes


No comments:

Post a Comment