Saturday, March 28, 2015

Cards, Crafting and Sisyphus

Are you familiar with the legend of Sisyphus? In Greek mythology he was someone who always lied. As punishment, he had to spend eternity rolling a boulder up a hill, watching it roll back down, and then pushing it back up again. 

What does that have to do with crafting? Well, about a year ago I decided to use each card sketch from Operation Write Home at least once. I have made a lot of progress -- at least 100 sketches complete. But they release two new sketches each month, so sometimes it feels like this task will never be complete! Cardmaking is far more fun than pushing boulders up hills, and no one is forcing me to do this. Still, sometimes I feel just a little tiny bit like Sisyphus. That's how I was feeling when I finally made a card for sketch #250 and then found an e-mail announcing sketch #251. 

So here is the card for #250. The next sketch can wait until my attitude improves. 

OWH Sketch #250
I'm entering this sketch in the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday Challenge which is to show what you are stamping. For this card I stamped the sentiment and also used two different stamps to make my own embellishment. 

Paper: My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy
Sentiment Stamp: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Image Stamps: My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy
Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede and Colorbox Scarlet
Chalk Ink: Colorbox Toffee

No comments:

Post a Comment