Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Watercolor and Fairy


This card is a departure from my usual paper layering techniques. I used watercolor paper and then loosely painted washes of Twinkling H2O's in four colors. When they dried I stamped a fairy from Rubber Stampede using StazOn ink. The ink went on unevenly depending on how much paint was underneath. I had to do some touch ups with a Tsukineko Fantastix

If you know of any tips for stamping over Twinkling H2O's I'd love to hear them.  


This card uses colors from the current Your Next Stamp Challenge, so I'm entering it over there. 

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes, so this card will be entered there as well.



By the way, I notice that Ranger sells packs of watercolor paper in ready to use card size. It looks like they sell for anywhere from $4 to $8 for 20 sheets of paper. This seems kind of crazy to be because pads of watercolor paper can easily be found for about $8 for 30 sheets of 9" x 12" paper. Since each sheet can be cut into 4 pieces, that means that it costs about $8 for 120 card-sized pieces of watercolor paper. If people feel that having the paper already cut to size is worth the extra money I guess that's fine. Personally, I'm just going to keep cutting my own paper to size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment