Sunday, October 12, 2014

Crate Paper Storyteller Cards

I'm  posting pictures of several cards I made using the Crate Paper Storytellers paper. I love this paper pad. Lots of subtle, muted colors, lots of visual texture, many choices for making cards for guys.

Its always challenging to find embellishments that are not flowers, butterflies or hearts. For these cards I had the idea to use a coffee cup stamp from a Fiskars set, stamp it with Stampin Up Soft Suede ink, and then fussycut. I think it works as an embellishment suitable for a guy card. I also used the button punch from Martha Stewart. The paper pad came with two pages of tags to cut out, those worked to add a little something without being feminine.

I love sketch 148. I can see myself using this one again and again. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

OWH Sketch 148

Sketch 211 is sure to be a new favorite as well. I have already used it to make other cards. The sentiment here is from Hero Arts.

OWH Sketch 211

Sketch 215 might grow on me. For now, it doesn't have much appeal. I used Walnut distress ink to color the edges of the paper to add some dimension. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
OWH Sketch 215

Sketch 218 was really hard for me to work with. This was my result. I find it way too busy! Sentiments are from Hero Arts. Inks from Stampin Up. I might try this one again with a monochromatic color scheme to make it less busy.

OWH Sketch 218

Finally, here's the latest sketch from Operation Write Home. Sketch 238. Some Fiskars stamp and Hero Arts stamp used earlier. Stampin Up Soft Suede ink used for stamping. Walnut distress ink used on the edges. Stampin Up banner punch used for a little accent on the right. I can see this sketch being useful, could be very versatile.

OWH Sketch 238
Let me know what you think? Does the coffee cup work as an embellishment choice that's not too girlie?  How would you change what I did with sketch 218 to tone it down a bit?

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you've been busy! Look at you using five different sketches. :)

    Love the coffee cup embellishment. Think it works well for guy and gal cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,you've been really busy and doing a great job at it too! Using so many sketches, you rock! Love them all, but I really like #215. I think if you add a bit more matting it will make things pop off the page. We all grow as we make, and you definitely are an inspiration! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #148 is my fave...really like the paper mix! Well done on all!

    ReplyDelete