Monday, January 16, 2017

A little bit of bling

Having made cards for Operation Write Home for two years, I am used to the rules of no glitter, no sequins, basically no bling. (These were not allowed because they could potentially make our troops visible to night vision goggles). 

I'm still not comfortable working with glitter and metallic. But this week two of the challenges involve bling, so I pushed myself to go for the glitz. The result is probably tame, but this was a big step for me!

The challenges that got me to push outside my comfort zone were this week's Cupcake Inspiration (black, white and silver) and this week's Mod Squad Challenge (Bling). I struggled so much I missed the deadline for the Cupcake challenge, but I'm giving them a shout out anyway.

Because I broke out a new paper pad for this, I'm posting it over at the Work it Wednesday challenge to use something new.  

No comments:

Post a Comment