Friday, June 5, 2015

wistful watercolor


Pretty Pink Posh is hosting a Watercolor Blog Hop and I'm joining in! 


The watercolors I used are called Twinkling H2O's. If you've never used them, let me explain. They are pots of solid watercolors with mica in them. You get them wet and let the water sit a while to soften the paint. Then, when you paint with them the colors all have a soft shimmer to them. Very beautiful, but hard to capture with my camera. 



For this card I used a stamp from Penny Black called "wistful." The stamp is pretty large, and really beautiful. So, it needs to take center stage when its used on a card. 

I painted washes of color using Twinkling H2O's on watercolor paper. When they dried, I stamped the image over the top using black Staz-on ink. That's all! The part that took the longest was waiting for the paint to dry. 











No comments:

Post a Comment