Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Home is Where your Heart is

I made this card a while back using Operation Write Home Sketch #61.
This was one of my first attempts at making a card from a sketch, and one of the first cards I photographed, so please excuse the extreme close-up picture. The red background is actually the card base. This was also the first card I made using a shape cut with a Cricut. 


Paper -- unknown, loose paper from JoAnn's
Stamp -- unknown
Cricut shape -- from This 'n That cartridge.

When I learned about Operation Write Home I started thinking about what kind of card an overseas soldier would need. The paper seemed perfect. It says "Home is where your heart is," and "Love makes our house a home."

Here's the original sketch. I'm still very new to making cards, so I tend to use the sketches as they are and don't modify them very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment