Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Dance Like No One's Watching You

A social worker at the hospital told me about something called an "inspiration deck." Its a deck of cards, each printed with an inspirational sentiment or affirmation. Because I have so many stamps with great messages on them, I figured I could make my own deck and have fun making Artist Trading Cards (ATC) at the same time. 

ATCs are new to me and I'm used to making greeting cards. ATCs have fewer rules. They need to be 2.5" x 3.5" and that's all. No limits beyond that. 



Here's one of my first attempts. I used colors from the Mixed Media Monthly Inspiration Challenge.  



The sentiment comes from part of a Penny Black stamp. It says "dance like no one's watching you."

I stamped it with embossing fluid and then used a coral colored embossing powder. The flowers are from an old set from There She Goes Stamps (out of business) and I embossed them with green. I used a Prismacolor nupastel to color around the flowers. Liquid Pearls were used to make a few dots and Distressed Stickles in Brushed Corduroy were spread around the edges.  

Because the Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week is Anything Goes, I'm entering over there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment