Saturday, November 1, 2014

Black, Grey and Green Cards

I'm posting several cards I made using a pad of paper from Kaisercraft. It is called "Chapter One"

I tried to use Operation Write Home sketches as much as possible. I am getting closer to my goal of using each OWH sketch at least once.


Sketch #4 was puzzling at first. I though the ribbon at the top would be bulky. So I used a scallop sticker instead. Problem solved.
OWH #4


Sketch #32 features a stamp from Kaisercraft. I used distress ink in Soot for the edges of the paper the sentiment is on.

OWH #32

Sketch #151 is a good way of using up paper when you have 2" and 3" strips. I made a couple variations. 

Sketch #162 didn't appeal at first. The black and white dotted paper didn't appear much at first either. But this one worked out well enough that I would make it again. The sentiment is from Studio G.

OWH #162


Sketch #205 is based on the variation posed on Airbourne Wife's blog. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


OWH #205



Sketch #212 is a winner. I used it once and then I was hooked!  I use the banner punch from Stampin' Up. It works perfectly.


OWH #212



Sketch #219 was challenging for some reason. I was happy with the result. 

OWH #219


At first glance Sketch #222 seemed easy. But I can get hung up easily on making sure the two types of paper are balanced and with many pairs one print dominated. I finally settled on this combination and was pleased with the result.
OWH #222

Sketch #223 looks like a nice way to use some of the larger prints than can easily dominate a small card. I used the Martha Stewart button punch to make a matching embellishment.
Sketch #237 uses a stamp from Close To My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment